About the Company
Beam is Asia Pacific’s largest shared micromobility company. We are on a mission to turn little drives into greener rides and make cities flow better for everyone.
Shared micromobility is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and we’re leading the way in Asia Pacific with operations in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Turkey, Thailand and Malaysia. In collaboration with cities, we bring a safe, affordable and sustainable new mode of transport to citizens with our fleets of self-driven small electric vehicles.
Following our recent US $93M Series B round, we are now operating in Turkey and will be expanding to Japan and Indonesia.
Our engineering team builds cutting-edge technology and is uniquely challenged by real-time processing of large-scale, fast-paced vehicle data, integrating internet-connected vehicles in the biggest application of Internet of Things to-date and supporting the technology needs of multiple stakeholders such as riders, governments and operations, which runs a proprietary, complex and rapidly-evolving system for vehicle maintenance and charging at high cost-efficiency.
Beam continues to build a remote first cutting edge engineering team where we learn, grow and create amazing software together. We are a startup so you’ll have the chance to have an impact on many different parts of the organization, be it Data, app, backend, or infrastructure.
As Backend engineer you will work on our critical backend systems that power the entirety of Beam. From high performance APIs for serving the app and internal systems, over message processing services powering the vehicle and IoT platform managing thousands of parallel connections, to our infrastructure and tooling to support rapid deployment and disaster recovery.
- Develop complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- Design and develop new microservices.
- Continuously break apart legacy monolith service.
- Writing functional and integration tests.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM fields is preferred.
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented design methodology and large-scale application development languages (e.g. Kotlin, Ruby, Python, Go, Java, C++).
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent understanding of microservices and Distributed systems.
- Excellent understanding of how to scale services for high throughput and availability.
- Experience with ACID databases and distributed caching technologies.
Good to Have:
- Experience with kafka, mqtt or other message streaming technologies.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (e.g. scrum, kanban).
- Experience with real-time monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience with gitops practices and modern application deployments (e.g. kubernetes).
Why this job?
- Opportunity to make an impact to the world by transforming urban transportation.
- Be part of a hyper-growth organization with plenty of opportunities to springboard your career.
- Flexible and autonomous working environment with highly motivated and competent colleagues.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
The Beam Group of Companies is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) organization. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment where all are welcome regardless of race, language, religion, gender, nationality, age, disability or other divisive categorizations.